Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cute as a Button Baby Shower

Last weekend we threw my cousin a baby shower, Cute as a Button theme. In the previous post, I gave you a sneak peek to the cupcake toppers. So finally the shower as arrived! =). This buttons are made out of candy! I got the full tutorial from Bake It Pretty. She made some free printables for the bag toppers which inspired me make my own bag toppers! Everyone loved it! =) The candy jar in the bottom right is just filled with pink jelly beans, these were extras in case I didn't have enough button favors.
I made "its a girl" banner with buttons between them. (Click on the pictures to zoom in)
I aslso made some onsie cookies to match some of the cupcake toppers. I have never decorated a cookie before except just adding spinkles. I was running late so I didn't get a chance to fill all the cookies, instead I saved time just outlining some cookies and adding some left oer candy buttons.
If you look closely, you can see those circle cookies are actually "button" cookies. I used a circle cutter and for the inside circle, I pressed a little pressure from the bottom of an icing tip. and the 4 holes are from the top of the tip, I think I used tip #4.
The dessert table. Left side is cookies with pecan tarts and the right side is chocolate cupcakes with cookies. On the right side, bottom of tier, my son sprinkled the cupcakes =)
Now I want to eat desserts again!!!!
One of my cousin made the diaper cake.

We did a few games like "Guess how many diapers in cake"
And we played a race of who can put the diaper on fast BLINDFOLDED! =) The blindfolds were inspired by the Ellen show! We printed the eyes on iron on paper, then we ironed them on to an old white shirt. Then we glued them onto black felt and attached an elastic string. Its always a laugh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! I am so recommending the blindfold diapering for a baby shower I am designing!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com

Lora Joy said...

Thank You! We were pressed for time so we had to glue on black felt as a quick fix but what we really wanted to do was sew the eyes to an already made plain blinfolds. Last time I saw them in $1 section at Target but when we went back they were already gone!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Visits